Certifications / Designations
WASBO Facilities Manager Certification
The WASBO Facilities Manager Certification Program is offered by the Wisconsin Association of School Business Officials and is recognized by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. The program was designed to develop a knowledge base for Building & Grounds and Facilities leaders to provide safe and healthful educational facilities in the State of Wisconsin. The benefits to participating include:
- Knowledge of current and changing legislation and regulations
- Recognition in the school district and from peers
- Improved safety for students, staff, and community
- A healthy and safe learning environment
- Enhanced leadership skills
See the Facility Manager Certification Program Brochure
Please contact the WASBO office at 608.249.8588 or email@example.com to enroll in the Facility Manager Certification Program.
Certified School Risk Managers (CSRM) Designation
The Certified School Risk Managers Program (CSRM) will provide you with the in-depth knowledge of the risk management process and terminology based on the philosophy and theory of school risk management. The CSRM curriculum and national designation are provided by The National Alliance for Insurance Education and Research. There are five 8-hour courses required for the CSRM designation. The benefits of the CSRM designation include:
- Skill in identifying potential sources of loss
- Trust and credibility within the school system
- Ability to maintain budget integrity in tough economic times
- Opportunity to network with other school business officials about risk management
WASBO is thrilled to bring this designation opportunity to Wisconsin school district professionals employed as risk managers, employee benefits or safety coordinators, and administrative or other positions that oversee the risk management function. Service Affiliates who work with school risk managers are also encouraged to attend.
See the Certified School Risk Managers Program Brochure
More information and online training
ASBO International Certified Administrator of School Finance and Operations (SFO)
Led by WASBO member Bambi Statz, Ph.D. and the Certification Commission, ASBO International now offers a Certified Administrator of School Finance and Operations® (SFO) designation.
WASBO offers an SFO® Study Group periodically. The next study group date will be Dec. 6, 2016 at the Madison Marriott West in Middleton. This is a
one-day prep session for the SFO®, taught by WASBO members who have earned their
SFO®, to review the topics covered by the exam and provide
examples of exam questions that you might encounter. SFO®
Certification Program initial application fees will be waived for
participants of this WASBO sponsored ASBO SFO® Study Group. This is a $150 value for ASBO International Members and a $225 value for non ASBO International members.
It takes a wide array of technical skills to successfully navigate the day-to-day fiscal and operational duties of running a school district. The SFO certification is an opportunity to:
- Measure your knowledge and skills against a professional standard
- Be recognized for your professional accomplishments
- Increase your visibility and marketability
- Continue your professional development
- Stand out from your peers by demonstrating initiative, professionalism, and dedication to school business management
- Instill stakeholders' confidence in your school system
Please visit the ASBO International website for information on the Certified Administrator of School Finance and Operations designation.
SFO Resources and SFO Designees in Wisconsin