Safety & Risk Management Committee
Co-Chairs: Jodi Traas
, Community Insurance Corporation, Michelle L. Brown
Board Liaison: Lynette Edwards
, River Falls
Our mission is to promote and support a healthy and safe environment for all Wisconsin students, staff and community members through enterprise risk management.
- We will promote and support continued participation for our most impactful education, the Certified School Risk Management program, a designation program of The National Alliance for Education and Research.
- Collaborate with the School Facilities Committee to improve risk management education throughout the state.
- Present regularly on safety practices to maximize our impact on school leaders including but not limited to WASBO and WSSCA Conferences and the State Education Convention.
- Create opportunities to improve safety and risk management practice through networking, mentorship, and professional development.
- Demonstrate the significance of safety and risk management and its impact on students, staff and community by recognizing the excellent work of our members.
- Advocate for safe and healthy learning environments for staff, students and community through the SAA legislative process.