School Facilities Manager of the Year
Sponsored by SchoolDude and Stalker Sports Floors
This award acknowledges the value and need to recognize outstanding school facilities managers in Wisconsin. The purpose of the School Facilities Manager of the Year award is to recognize the recent outstanding contributions of the recipient to their local school district and community, to the school facilities manager profession, and to WASBO.
To be eligible the nominee must:
- Be employed as a school facilities manager and in the profession for a minimum of five years.
Be an active district professional WASBO member at the time of the nomination who regularly attends WASBO facility manager conferences, seminars and regional meetings.
Not have received the School Facilities Manager of the Year award in the past five years.
Current members of the Board of Directors are ineligible for the award and may not nominate a candidate for the award.
Nominations may be made by any WASBO member (with the exception of current Board members), a district administrator, a professional colleague or a WASBO Regional.
Nomination packets may, but are not required to, include letters of recommendation from the following:
- The nominee’s district administrator;
- The nominee’s colleagues in your area, or from throughout the state;
- School board members;
- Local officials;
- Community organizations the nominee actively participated in and provided leadership to.
Please limit submitted letters to no more than six (6).
The following criteria shall be considered when selecting the School Facilities Manager of the Year:
Leadership in the Schools
– The nominee has demonstrated efforts to significantly improve facilities and cost effectiveness of operations while improving student learning.
Leadership in the Profession
– The nominee is an active member in professional associations such as WASBO, WSTMA, WSSCA and others, and actively participates in committees, conferences for one or more of these organizations.
– Evidence of continuing efforts to grow and learn as a professional.
Leadership in the School Community
– Evidence of meaningful involvement in the school community.
The School Facilities Manager of the Year Award recipient will be recognized at the WASBO Foundation Spring Conference. The recipient receives a plaque and a check in the amount of $1,000 to be used for the facility manager’s continuing education, attendance at conferences or seminars, membership dues, or related activities or resources contributing to his/her professional development.
The name of the School Facilities Manager of the Year shall be added to the plaque in the WASBO office and a letter of commendation shall be sent to the recipient’s school board by the Executive Director on behalf of the Board of Directors. Press releases will be sent to the local media.
The School Facilities Committee and the Safety and Risk Management Committee will review the nominations and select two finalists to be forwarded to the Board of Directors by March 15.
The WASBO Board of Directors considers nominations at its Board meeting following the nomination deadline and selects the Award recipient. The Board’s decision is final.