The Five Courses
Fundamentals of Risk Management
This course provides an in-depth look at the overall risk management process, delves into the identification step of the process, and examines the function of the school risk manager.
• Risk Management Function and Process
• School Risk Manager
• Identifying School Risks: Logical Classifications
• Identifying School Risks: Methods
• Gathering Loss Data
Handling School Risks
This course studies the development of a safety and health plan, loss control fundamentals, risk control and mitigation of exposures, and managing school claims. A post-accident loss control reduction technique is included.
• Introduction to and Fundamentals of Controlling Risk
• Safety and Health Program for School Districts
• School District Exposures
• Managing School Claims
Funding School Risks
The purpose of this course is to examine various loss funding techniques, including guaranteed cost programs, deductibles and retention programs, pools, and transferring risk through contracts.
• Introduction to Funding School Risks
• Foundations for Funding
• Options for Funding School Risks
• Reserving for School District Risks
• Finance Issues for the School Risk Manager
Measuring School Risks
• This course includes the mechanics of developing, forecasting, and trending losses to be used in determining insurance program retentions and deductibles.
• Introduction and Qualitative Analysis for School Risks
• Qualitative Risk Assessment and Loss Run Analysis
• Quantitative Analysis: Tools and Forecasting
• The Risk Analysis Process
Administering School Risks
• This course covers how a school risk manager implements and monitors the school risk management program, the risk management team, information technology, allocating costs, ethics in school risk management, and requests for proposals.
• Introduction to Administering School Risks
• The School Risk Management Team
• Communicating with the Risk Management Team
• Implementing the Risk Management Program
• Monitoring the Risk Management Program