Accessing the Exam
If requested, you will receive a hard copy of the notebook from WASBO via USPS Priority Mail prior to the course if you are taking this course in a virtual format.
A link for the notebook will be emailed prior to the course, along with course and exam details.
All exams (both virtual and in-person) will be online. Your exam will be accessed through the learning portal in your PROfile page with The National Alliance’s Learning Management System (LMS). The exam will be available to you beginning at 4:45 PM the day of the course through Thursday at 11:59 PM Central Standard Time the week following the course. You will have one hour to complete the exam once you begin. The exam is 50 questions, multiple choice. An exam proctor is required.
CSRM online exams require a proctor. You need an individual to proctor you while you take the online exam. The proctor will complete an affidavit after you submit the exam acknowledging that they served as a proctor for you and all rules and processes were followed accordingly. The proctor must be a dis-interested third party. Review requirements and “how to” videos at www.scic.com/proctor-monitor-rules
Your instructor or onsite coordinator will proctor for those who attend an in -person classroom course and would like to take the online exam on the day of the course. If you decide to complete the exam on the day of the course and are in-person, you are required to bring your own electric device to complete the exam. Please note an exam is required for each CSRM course; if you take two courses in a week, you have the same time frame to complete both online exams. Your instructor or onsite coordinator will be available to proctor at the end of each CSRM course.
In order for someone to serve as your proctor, they must meet the definition of a disinterested third-party as defined below:
A disinterested third-party is someone with no direct business or family relationship to you. For example, an agency principal, a supervisor, a subordinate, a friend or family member would NOT qualify as a disinterested third party.
Disinterested third-party proctors are available in many locations. The quickest way to a locate a proctor in your area is to conduct a Google search for “approved proctors near me.” Some examples of a disinterested third party are: a coworker who exclusively works in a training/HR role or a local proctoring facility/testing center. Many libraries and colleges also offer proctoring services.
The National Alliance allows MonitorEDU as a virtual proctoring option. You can learn more and access their service at https://scicproctor.com/how-it-works at any time. You do not have to have an appointment. After you pay the small service fee, you may connect to a proctor on demand. There is a $15 fee for a proctor with www.MonitorEDU.com
Here is the link to more information on MonitorEDU:
As a student, you should never launch your exam without a proctor present. The time will begin and you will lose your exam attempt if your proctor is not present. For more information on proctors or to watch instructional videos, please visit https://www.scic.com/proctor-monitor-rules
Accessing the Exam:
During the exam window, you will access the online exam via your PROfile page. Your PROfile is your official CSRM tracking platform through The National Alliance. Access your account at https://pro.scic.com Once you log in via The National Alliance website, www.scic.com, you will be taken to your home screen or landing page. To access your online exam from that home page, please refer to the top right hand portion of the screen where it shows a blue button that says Launch Learning Portal.
If you have not accessed your PROfile before or if you forget your login information, you can request it at this link: https://www.scic.com/customer/account/login
Note: We suggest that you access your PROfile during class to ensure you have the correct login information. This way you have time to contact the Client Support Team for assistance prior to the exam window opening.
If you have any problems accessing your exam please contact The National Alliance’s Client Support Team at 1-800-633-2165 or [email protected] The National Alliance customer support closes at 6pm CST. Please be advised that anyone testing after 6pm on the last day of the exam window will not have support available.
The Exam – Step-By-Step:
- Visit the www.scic.com website and sign in to your account. After logging in, you will be taken to your account’s homepage.
- Click on Launch Learning Portal (top right portion of the screen). You are now entering the Learning Portal.
- Click on the Learning Center (orange) box in the middle of the page and locate your current course in your course list. Click Launch.
- Find the exam item in the table of contents and open the exam page and follow the prompts on screen.
- Complete the exam!
Exam Tips and Notes:
- Question responses will save automatically when the test-taker goes to the next page.
- Exam-takers should plan for a quiet environment without distractions.
- No notebooks, study materials, or cell phones are allowed during the exam.
- You may have a blank sheet of scratch paper and a simple function calculator during the exam. The sheet of paper needs to be destroyed after testing and no programmable or financial calculators are allowed.
- Leaving the exam room is not allowed, except to use the restrooms. No cell phones or other materials may be taken with the student when they leave the room.
- The proctor must be in the room during the exam and remain in a location where they can see the participant's screen.
- The digital exam has a time clock to help the proctor enforce the time limit. All exams will auto submit after time expires. Participants finishing the exam before time has expired are permitted to submit their exam.
- Be sure to review your answers on all exam pages before submitting your exam.
CE Credit Only:
If you are attending the webinar ONLY for CE credit, you don't need to take an exam. On the day of the course, please go to The National Alliance site, www.scic.com to submit your CE request. Go to PROfile, login and then go to the Courses tab. Under the 'Action' column, select 'Request CE/Modify' to complete and submit your request. You must complete your request by the end of the course. For accurate reporting, participants must include their name (as it appears on their license), state of license, and license/NPN number. CE will be processed after attendance is verified. Most states require 100% attendance for state CE credit.
CSRM Designation Update Credit Only:
If you are attending to complete your CSRM designation update credit only, no test is required, and no CE credit needs to be processed.
If you have questions, please contact Kristin Hauser at [email protected]