Certified School Risk Managers Designation Program
The Certified School Risk Managers Program (CSRM) will provide you with the in-depth knowledge of the risk management process and terminology based on the philosophy and theory of school risk management. The CSRM curriculum and national designation are provided by The National Alliance for Insurance Education and Research. There are five 8-hour courses required for CSRM designation. The benefits of the CSRM Designation include:
- Skill in identifying potential sources of loss
- Trust and credibility within the school system
- Ability to maintain budget integrity in tough economic times
- Opportunity to network with other school business officials about risk management
WASBO is thrilled to bring this opportunity to Wisconsin school district professionals employed as risk managers, employee benefits or safety coordinators, and administrative or other positions that oversee the risk management function. Service Affiliates who work with school risk managers are also encouraged to attend.
See the Certified School Risk Managers Program Brochure
SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES FOR FALL 2019 CSRM SESSIONS:
Two scholarships for the Five Core Fall CSRM Sessions are available due to the generosity of M3 Insurance. Apply at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2019FallCSRMScholarshipApplication. Applications must be submitted by midnight on Friday, August 2, 2019. Anyone may apply.
Scholarships for the CSRM Program are also offered through the National Alliance for classroom sessions. Apply at https://www.scic.com/the-national-alliance-scholarship. Eligible candidates are those who have not previously participated in the CSRM program and intend to attain their designation. You do not have to be nominated, anyone may apply.
REGISTRATION NOW AVAILABLE FOR UPCOMING IN-PERSON CSRM SESSIONS:
- Fundamentals of Risk Management -September 18, 2019, Wisconsin School Leadership Center, Madison
- Handling School Risks -September 19, 2019, Wisconsin School Leadership Center, Madison
- Measuring School Risks - October 16, 2019, Wisconsin School Leadership Center, Madison
- Funding School Risks -October 17, 2019, Wisconsin School Leadership Center, Madison
- Administering School Risks -November 13, 2019, Wisconsin School Leadership Center, Madison
UPDATE CREDIT REQUIREMENTS
The National Alliance requires each individual holding the CSRM designation to attend one of the courses specified in its entirety every 12 months. (The update or 12-month period is determined by the CSRM designee's birth month.) These courses include: